As a treat for the Y5 boys, it has been a tradition in previous years for Y5 to visit Hindleap Warren once they have competed their final exams after half term. Following our many previous successful and enjoyable visits, we propose a return on Friday 10 June 2022.
Hindleap is an outdoor activities centre situated in the Ashdown Forest at Wych Cross, East Sussex, two miles south of Forest Row. In the past, the boys have enjoyed activities such as rock climbing, abseiling, tunnelling, “leap of faith”, Jacob’s Ladder and outdoor obstacle courses to name a few.
We shall travel by coach, leaving The New Beacon at 9.00am, returning at approximately 5.30pm. The total cost will be £40.50, which will be added to your school bill.
During their visit, the boys will split into small groups and will be fully supervised by a member of Hindleap’s fully qualified instructors, as well as a member of New Beacon staff. They will remain in these groups throughout the day to undertake their various activities.
The nature of many of the activities at Hindleap Warren means that the boys will get wet and dirty. It is essential, therefore, that boys wear old clothes and bring the following:
- a suitable rucksack
- a towel (showers are available – and encouraged!)
- a change of clothes (be prepared for all weathers – include a thick jumper and waterproofs)
- spare training shoes (old ones would be better)
- a black bin-liner for wet and dirty clothes
- long trousers (not all activities are possible in shorts – tracksuit bottoms are fine)
- a pair of shorts (as they are suitable for some activities)
- a cap and sun cream
- a packed lunch (sandwiches, fruit, etc. No nuts, please!)
- plenty to drink – nothing fizzy.
Please note that Jeans and fleeces are not suitable as they tend to hold water and get very heavy.
We hope that all Y5 boys will be able to join us on this exciting day of adventure. However, you will need to complete the permission form below or if you feel this trip is not suitable for your son, please email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will make arrangements for him to attend school on the Friday as normal.
If you have any questions or queries, do get in touch. I will write again with final details as we near the date of the trip.