Children’s Mental Health Week 2023 will take place from 6-12 February 2023. This year’s theme is ‘Let’s Connect’ which we hope will encourage children (and adults) to look at how we can make meaningful connections through kindness.
Next week in Pre-Prep and Junior School assembly we are going to look at kindness and explore different ways that you can show kindness to yourself, to others and to the planet. We are going to look at Random Acts of Kindness and how these can lift your spirits and make others, and yourself, feel better and more positive.
Whole School Challenge
We are setting every boy in the school a challenge to take a photo or a video of themselves doing a random act of kindness. Here are some ideas:
- Write a list of things you like about another person
- Tidy away your things or someone else’s belongings for them
- Help prepare lunch or dinner
- Give someone a compliment
- Draw a picture for an adult you love
- Write a thank you note to someone
- Record a video message for someone that you know who is on their own
- Pick up litter and put it in the bin (wash your hands after)
- Offer to help clean out the car
- Support a local charity, such as ‘Sevenoaks Larder’ or ‘Ukraine Relief Group.’
Please send your photo or video of your Random Act of Kindness to Mrs Taylor (email@example.com) by Thursday, 9 February.
Your son might wish to complete the following journal through the week – Mental Health Journal
We look forward to seeing all the many ways that New Beacon boys show kindness to others, how they look after the planet and each other.
Head of Pre-Prep and Junior School and DSL