Thursday, 29 June 2023
As you will have seen from the calendar, there is a Year 7 outing to Chessington World of Adventures on Thursday, 29 June. In addition to myself, Mr. Ribbans-Opara, Mr. Presnell, Mr. Ryde and Mr. Emus will be accompanying the trip. Please see below for more details.
Arrangements for the day
- Boys should meet in Science Lab 1 at 8.20am where they will be registered and given further instructions and reminders about the day.
- We shall be travelling to Chessington by coach.
- We hope to return to school at approximately 4.30pm depending on the traffic conditions. We shall use the clarion call system to advise you of any changes to the timing.
- School uniform is not necessary. Boys should come to school in their casual clothes. Boys may wish to bring a spare set for the return journey if they get wet as a result of going on a water ride. This can be left on the coach which is staying at Chessington for the day.
- If the forecast is fine, boys are strongly advised to bring a hat and to have sun cream applied.
- IMPORTANT: There are a number of cafes/restaurants at Chessington but they are all cashless now. Please make sure that your son has a cashless means to pay for his lunch/snack/cuddly toy! Alternatively your son is welcome to bring a packed lunch with him but he will need a rucksack to carry this around with him.
- Although there are lockers at Chessington, past experience has shown they are quite difficult and awkward to use. It is therefore preferable if the boys have a minimum of stuff to carry. A ‘bum bag’ or money belt for keeping a bank card safe is ideal.
- No mobile phones or other electronic gadgets to be brought.
- The boys will be organised into groups of 4 minimum and they must stay in their groups at all times. There will be a designated meeting point at which there will always be a member of staff on duty. The boys will be required to check in at lunchtime (between 1 and 1.30pm.)
The cost of the outing will be £38.00, to include cost of entry and travel by coach, and this will be added to your end of term account.
If you consent to your son taking part in the trip, I would be grateful if you would complete the form below as soon as possible.