I have arranged for Year 8 boys to visit the River Tillingbourne on Thursday, 21 September 2023. The boys will spend the majority of the day carrying out river fieldwork, which they will bring back to school to eventually produce a project.
Timings: Depart The New Beacon at 9.00am and return for the end of the school day around 4pm. A telephone tree will be put into operation should there be a delay on the return.
- The boys should wear PE kit and tracksuits.
- Trainers (or similar supportive footwear) should be worn. Wellingtons should also be brought for river work.
- Some form of headwear protection from the sun.
- A waterproof should be packed in the event of inclement weather.
- In the event of good weather, please bring suitable sun screen to be applied when appropriate.
- A rucksack/ bag will help carry the things they require.
- A face mask & hand sanitizer may be brought.
Equipment: I will provide all the necessary booklets and stationery.
Camera: Digital cameras (not the highly expensive sort) are welcome.
Break, packed lunch: They must bring their usual break time snack, together with a packed lunch, with drinks (please remember NO NUT-BASED PRODUCTS).
Medication: Please advise on the form below any ailments/ allergies your son may have.
Please complete the on-line form below to grant permission for your son to attend.
Head of Geography