This will take place on Monday 10 September. The boys will spend the majority of the day carrying out river fieldwork, which they will bring back to school to eventually produce a project. This project will count as 20% of their final Common Entrance mark and will also be useful for the scholarship pupils.
Timings: Depart New Beacon at 9.00am and return for the end of the school day around 4pm. A telephone tree will be put into operation should there be a delay on the return.
* The boys should wear PE kit and tracksuits.
* Trainers (or similar supportive footwear) should be worn. Wellingtons should also be brought for river work.
* Some form of headwear protection from the sun.
* A waterproof should be packed in the event of inclement weather.
* In the event of good weather, please bring suitable sun screen to be applied when appropriate.
* A rucksack/ bag will help carry the things they require.
Equipment: Mr Ryde will provide all the necessary booklets and stationery.
Camera: Digital cameras (not the highly expensive sort) are welcome.
Break, packed lunch: They must bring their usual break time snack, together with a packed lunch, with drinks (please remember NO NUT- BASED PRODUCTS).
Medication: Please advise on the form below any ailments/ allergies your son may have.
The cost is in the region of £15.00. Please complete the on-line form below to grant permission for your son to attend by 5th September.